Roundabout Transportation Policies
Safety and reliability are at the heart of all the services we provide. After years of working in Law Enforcement, I understand the importance of passenger safety and accident prevention. We place special emphasis on driver training, safety practices and vehicle maintenance. All employees of our company are committed to the highest level of safety while driving our shuttles to KCI/MCI Airport.
Roundabout is DOT certified which means we must conduct daily vehicle inspections, driver time records, criminal background checks, ongoing training, yearly driver phsyicals and motor vehicle driving records are performed as our commitment to your safety and peace of mind.
We are required to maintain $2,000,000 Fleet Liability coverage which is provided by an A.M. Best “A rated” insurance carrier. Certificates of insurance are provided to schools and corporate accounts on request. Child and Booster Car Sears uses according to Kanas Law.
Roundabout has created the following rules and guidelines to keep our passengers safe. You can feel comfortable knowing that you are being transported in a safe and secure manner. We are committed to be your trusted and reliable transportation resource for Overland Park, Shawnee, Lenexa, Leawood, Olathe. Mission Hills and th surrounding Kansas City Area.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times per Kansas Law.
- Passengers will not board or depart vehicle until it has come to a complete stop.
- No standing while vehicle is in motion.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- Roundabout Transportation is not liable for any items left on our vehicles.
- Criminal History Check
- DOT Physical testing
- DMV Driving history check
- Drivers are uniformed and easily identifiable
Shuttle Van Safety
- Drivers inspect vans daily
- All vans equipped with GPS navigation devices
- All vans equipped with Advancetrac Roll Stability Control (RSC)
- Vans follow a rigorous maintenance schedule
- Child Car and booster seats used according to Kansas Law
- All vans equipped with seat belts which to be used at all times
- All vans meet state inspection standards and yearly DOT inspections
- Prepaid Airport or Local transportation reservations cancelled more than 2-4 hours prior to scheduled pick up time will be refunded.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 24 hours prior to pick up time for 15 passenger shuttle vans.
- If you give notice to cancel services 7 days or more, (one full week) a refund will be issued.
- Roundabout understands that cancellations are sometimes necessary and unavoidable. For service in the Kansas City metropolitan area, we generally accept cancellations on airport transfers without a charge two (2) hours before the scheduled pick-up time on all vehicles except 15 passenger vans. There is no cancellation fee if the cancellation is made at least four (2) hours prior to the Date of Service if it is confirmed for Airport Transfers. Cancellations made after that time or "no-shows", "missed shuttles", etc. are subject to a cancellation fee equal to $30 in addition to the days fare.